SensorSpace is hosted by default on IBM’s Toronto Datacentre. Working with renowned cloud providers help us minimize the risk of outages given their focus on reliability and uptime. IBM’s cloud complies with more than 15 guidelines, including:
ISO 270001: a widely-adopted global security standard outlining the requirements for information security management systems and provides a systematic approach to managing company and customer information based on periodic risk assessments.
SAS 70: Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 70, is a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). It represents that a service organisation has been through an in-depth examination of their control objectives and control activities, which often include controls over information technology and related processes.
SensorSpace collects anonymous and elected data from visitors and Users of the Site to monitor traffic and fix bugs, among other uses described below.
To take advantage of certain features of the Site, Users may elect to provide SensorSpace with other personal information (ie. user picture, personal website, or payment information), but user decision to do so is strictly voluntary.
SensorSpace may collect some, all, or none of the following information:
· Name, address, telephone number, business name, and email address
· Log-in credentials, if you create an account
· Information about purchases or other transactions with us
· Information about your customer service and technical support interactions with us
· Any other information you choose to provide to us in connection with your use of the Service
If you visit the Site or are subscribed to and use our Service, the Service will collect information that relates to your use of the Service and may be utilized by 3rd party Service Providers including but not limited to providers of hosting services, email marketing platforms, payment processors, and security/fraud prevention companies submitted through the Site. These Service Providers may have access to your information for the limited purpose of providing the services we have contracted with them to provide.
The information that we and/or our service provider(s) collect is done by:
· User Data As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Service and record it in log files. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device type and settings, hardware MAC address, device ID number, the address of the web page visited before using the Service, error logs, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, and language preferences.
· Location Data We receive information from you that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser to determine approximate location.
· Device Data We may receive information from your devices that help approximate your location or the location of an IoT device (hardware). This data, for example, may use GPS coordinates to identify a hardware location, or an IP address from a device to determine approximate location. We collect this location information from your devices in accordance with the consent process here within and the data provided by your IoT device to SensorSpace.
· Cookies In operating the Service or providing the Site, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tags, SDKs, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies to offer you a more tailored experience by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences.
Users can block or delete cookies and still use SensorSpace. Please consult the Help section of your browser for more information (e.g. Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
SensorSpace only uses Users personal information to provide the User with SensorSpace services or to communicate with the User about service(s) or the Site. With respect to the any type of data user may choose to upload or visualize to/with SensorSpace, WE take the privacy and confidentiality of such data seriously, and store said data securely in renowned cloud providers such as, IBM Bluemix and employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data, including but not limited to User personal information. SensorSpace does not share personal information without your consent, unless:
· Doing so is appropriate to carry out Your own request;
· SensorSpace believes it’s needed to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Service, or it is legally required;
· We believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
· To otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
We may receive other information such as demographic and statistical information from SensorSpace powered services and third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, User’s service end-users, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups or Service usage. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you with our Service and improve our products, analytics, and engagement.
SensorSpace may share information for the purposes referenced below:
We use external, 3rd party Service Providers to assist us in delivering the Service: these Service Providers may include but are not limited to providers of hosting services, email marketing platforms, payment processors, and security/fraud prevention companies submitted through the Site. These Service Providers may have access to your information for the limited purpose of providing the services we have contracted with them to provide.
Law Enforcement – SensorSpace may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of SensorSpace and its affiliates, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users, Users of the Service, the Site, or the general public, (iv) to address fraud, security or technical issues; or (v) defend against legal liability.
SensorSpace also uses social buttons provided by services such as Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Facebook. User use of these third-party platforms and services is entirely voluntary. SensorSpace is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services. Users are responsible for reading and understanding these third-party services’ privacy policies and terms of service, not holding SensorSpace liable for any actions or communications when engaging with these social services.
European Union Data Compliance – GDPR Rights
This section applies to all Users, specifically if you are an individual located in the European Union or any jurisdiction in which the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (or a law or regulation implementing the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679) (“EU Data Subject”).
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect on May 25th, 2018. Note, while GDPR is an EU regulation, it ultimately affects any business with customers in the EU which is why we are applying these changes globally, across all Users, regardless of where they may be.
For Personal Data that SensorSpace process as Service provider, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data, depending on the applicable law:
Right of access. If you ask SensorSpace, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data (along with certain other details) that have been collected.
Right to rectification. If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it.
Right to erasure. You may ask SensorSpace to delete or remove your Personal Data.
Right to restrict processing. You may ask SensorSpace to restrict or block the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Data or object to SensorSpace processing it.
Right to data portability. You may have the right to obtain the Personal Data we process about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to reuse it elsewhere. This data may be received by written request or CSV download.
Right to object. You may ask SensorSpace at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so, if we are:
1. relying on legitimate interests to process your Personal Data and we cannot otherwise demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing;
2. or processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
Right to withdraw consent. If we rely on your consent as our legal basis for processing your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent and will be applied in a timely fashion upon receiving a request to do so.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority. If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.